Getting Products to Market: What New Inventors Should Know About Shipping
Twenty thousand new products hit the shelves every month. Small start-up businesses bring many of those products to market; through individual entrepreneurs who see a problem in their daily life and develop a great idea for fixing it.
But inventing a new product is only the beginning. Once you've invented it, prototyped it, tested it, and found a manufacturer to make it for you, you've got to make sure it gets to consumers somehow, either via your e-commerce store or via retail stores that will sell directly to consumers.
Either path requires you to set up a supply chain, which will probably mean dipping your toes into the world of global shipping. Shipping brings many new challenges and concerns, especially if your factory is overseas.
Don't worry. A freight forwarding service could be your answer. We're adept at helping entrepreneurs navigate the shipping process and scale their businesses. We're a third-party logistics provider that helps companies plan and execute their shipments.
We act as intermediaries between shippers and carriers, handle all the documentation, negotiate low rates on your behalf, and arrange transportation for all your goods that ensures they all go exactly where they're meant to go.
By working with a freight forwarder, you gain several advantages.
- You avoid legal pitfalls. Every country has its own requirements for shipping goods overseas. There is a lot of paperwork and a lot of documentation. You may have to pay customs fines or fees. Mistakes can cost thousands. Our experts know the regulations and know how and where to file the appropriate paperwork.
- We can help you save money. We already have a network of global relationships with carriers of every kind, including air, ocean cargo, and trucking companies. We negotiate good rates on your behalf. We also know how to take advantage of each carrier's space in a way that saves you money and cuts shipment times.
- New companies tend to have smaller shipments at first. We can help you save costs with LTL (less than load) shipping. Why pay for all the space in a cargo hold when you only need a fraction of it?
- We give you peace of mind by helping you track your shipments worldwide.
- We can help with other aspects of your business, such as warehousing.
Our team is highly adept at helping new entrepreneurs get a handle on their supply chain. If you've invented something awesome, don't delay.
Contact Aries Worldwide Logistics to help you bring those products to Houston or anywhere else they can be sold!